memorial for a brilliant woman

Saturday, November 19, 2005

I have to go to Costco to buy beer

yeah

Slash Coleman's one man show is tonight at art6- go to FlashPaperPoetry to check on details- please come-

more later....

I am out of poems right now

Here's an old poem (unedited- a CBE is a 'chinese brush expriment' in poetry -

'off the cuff, so to speak- this is from 1999 or 2000-

Film Festival (CBE)

Interpreting Bette Davis
in southern hoops accent
on the halfshell we never had
oysters will kill y’all mamma said
maybe she was afraid
we might have sex too soon
babies too soon maybe we would’ve
Hush Hush Sweet Charlotte
it’s alright now we’re the genteel
poor in pocket rich in madness
wrapped in jonquils from the yard
stolen sweethearts taste the best
Bell Book and Candle-abra ready
it’s not a spell but it fits
go ahead and charm my pants off
I’ll be wearing yours forever
by the time I work my southern wiles.

No comments: