memorial for a brilliant woman

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

A change of pace-

I want to recommend one of my favorite writers- Sheri Reynolds

Her first book Bitterroot Landing was recommended by a friend who did a lit circle for a women's group. I read it in one sitting, the people in the story were very real to me, I don't think I've ever been so affected by a book.

other books are: The Rapture of Canaan an Oprah pick- but please don't hold that against her, A Gracious Plenty, and her latest (long-awaited) The Firefly Cloak.

She has the most wonderful way of fleshing out characters, or maybe she knows many of the same people I do, past and present.

I don't think she's strictly a 'chick-lit' writer- I think she captures certain aspects of a southern life that few others have. She speaks to me. Read her.

No comments: