memorial for a brilliant woman

Saturday, September 06, 2008

Obscene- but I'm just a poet

Cindy McCain

Oscar de la Renta dress: $3,000
Chanel J12 White Ceramic Watch: $4,500
Three-carat diamond earrings: $280,000
Four-strand pearl necklace: $11,000–$25,000
Shoes, designer unknown: $600
Total: Between $299,100 and $313,100

(from Vanity Fair)

and a response

Entitlement- like the Bakker's, like the Enron executives, like.....

and you know, I'm not complaining that they want to look good (??) but I'm sure all of this could have been less ostentatious- and sure, maybe some of the stuff was gifted or bought cheaper- but still-

I'd spend more money if I had it, of course I would- and I would give more away. I do now and I don't have it.

So much of value is so little, life is enough riches: love, companionship- how many of the delegates at both conventions had to put the whole trip on a credit card, one they will have trouble paying?

No comments: