memorial for a brilliant woman

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

yes, I have been remiss!

Posting poetry (or otherwise) has not happened much lately.

I did write a poem per day through the 16th or so but my get up and write rode away with a handsome cowboy. Or something like that.

Actually, I've been working, singing, doing the church choir director thing (Sundays plus 2 funerals).

Two events of note:

December 7th at 7:30pm the Virginia Benefit Chorale will sing at Grace Episcopal Church in Goochland to benefit the Goochland Food Pantry and the Christmas Mother. It's a free concert but we ask you to bring canned food and/or consider making a donation to the program. ALL money raised will go directly to this important cause that has been taken on at Grace Church.

As I type this, I am listening to the CD from our first concert last week at St Luke's Lutheran on Southside- it is AMAZING- and not just because I sing 2nd soprano). We open with an arrangement of "Steal Away" by local organist Mike Simpson, then go to Rachmaninoff, Brahms, Poulenc, and so many other songs. Did I mention we sing a cappella??


The other event is a poetry reading at art 6 Gallery on December 10th at 7:30. $5. Put it on your calendar, I'll 'splain more later!!

No comments: