memorial for a brilliant woman

Thursday, October 27, 2011

I can't help being proud

Poems are like children I finish up (as best I can) then shoo them out into the world hoping they make something of themselves.

My poem "On the Ninety-Ninth Floor" which I wrote about 9-11 in 2001 (also titled "On the Hundred and First Floor" on the advice of an editor who was a Rolling Stones fan) has been used in two different school English programs and been published numerous times in print and on the web.

While googling myself (if you submit poetry, you should check occasionally) I found another instance where the poem was used, this time in a commemoration ceremony at Harper College in Illinois, read by Anne Davidovich, an English professor.

HERE is the link. Thanks, Professor Davidovicz!

No comments: