memorial for a brilliant woman

Monday, October 10, 2005

So today I did many things- the priest preached about joy- so I played "Joy to the World" for the recessional. It instantly made everyone smile and laugh, an unexpected pleasure on a dreary day. (did I mention I'm a Episcopal organist/choir director?)

I read my poems and someone who had never heard them before sat and listened and told me how much he emjoyed them- he was not a poet, nor has he ever been.

I had Crab Rangoon and General Tso's chicken with three lovely young women who make me laugh out loud- two of them have terrible things going on around them right now but they glow with youth and talent-

I didn't dance today. I laughed and played a lot of music-

1 comment:

Kay Day said...

Shann, so glad to be seeing you again--I'm going to read some today and come again later. Hope all's well with you and all my long lost poet buddies--best,Kay