memorial for a brilliant woman

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

I am erasing myself from my job- I redid all the form letters on the computer and took my name off all of them.

I burned a CD of my personal files and 'poof' I am gone.

My work email has no mail; saved, sent, or trashed.

Anything personal there will be removed and taken home by Wednesday afternoon. Thursday is supposed to be my last day (just shy of four years). If I get done tomorrow with all I plan to do, I will not go in on Thursday.

It's a strange sensation, to disappear.

In the meantime, there are too many poets on the planet right now- or maybe there aren't enough. I can barely keep up with the books I have and yet keep getting more- I devour them like a gluttonous dog, in big wet bites, all at once, too much for my mouth to hold so the words dribble down my chin, sloppy and wet.

There's a pretty picture.

2 comments:

T.S. said...

There's nothing wrong with a little slobbering when you read; I've been running through poetry, searching for my next direction, and find text just as palatable.

If only I could read more and eat less.

Simmons B. Buntin said...

And another one went in the mail for you this morning. Here's hoping your new direction is lit both from above and below.