memorial for a brilliant woman

Thursday, December 22, 2005

I saw Santa Tuesday night- he was getting out of a Neon on Dumbarton Rd. His coat was undone and he looked disheveled. Since he supposedly lives at the North Pole, I think he may have been visiting his lover (white trash Wanda, no doubt).

I never thought he'd drive an American car- a Volvo, maybe- nevernever a Hummer- too gauche!

Who knew?

The boys were fabulous at their cabaret! And we had a full house, and I did just fine with the accompaniment- except I had to dress up and put on make-up because the keyboard was onstage! It was okay- my daughter drew me eyebrows and plucked my chin hair. (and I got a cut of the house, which was nice).

I am the only person on the third floor of my building. I left the stall door open when I went to the bathroom. How brave!

Please, no one else ask me if I'm ready for Christmas. You don't really care, I don't really care, and hell no, I'm not. I haven't mailed anything, no tree, the house is a mess. So that's the whole of it.

1 comment:

Simmons B. Buntin said...

Okay... so are you ready for the new year?!